Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fergalicious

Who doesn't love Fergie? She sings in one of the best groups of our time, she can handle a solo career, and she is beautiful without being a size zero or bland!

I was going through more old magazines and I found an article on her that I love. (keep in mind that this article is almost 4 years old, and I do not speak personally for Fergie. You might find it hard to believe, but I have never met Fergie personally...doesn't mean I don't rock out to her on my ipod!)

She talks about how she is very strict with her regular diet, but will, every once in a while, eat pizza, or drink some wine. She talks about body image, turning 30 years old, and scheduling in work-out time, but my favorite part of the article concerns her workout.

"Her favorite way to break a sweat? 'Walking for an hour on the treadmill at 2.5mph and a 15% upgrade.'"

WHAT?! That is crazy! So crazy, I just might try it. Remember that there are multiple ways to break a sweat and get moving. You don't have to be a runner to rock on the treadmill, just get a good incline going and stick with it!


4 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I think that the key is to finding something you like and will stick too. And the incline is a major booty buster!!
    Let us know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. I've tried inclines before and they do sweat you hardcore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You now have me singing her songs, just so you know ;)

    Consistency is the most important thing, that is what I am learning anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished so far, love! I, too, am struggling with weight - I have finally eaten my way into the "overweight" category of the BMI. I just read the whole of your blog in one sitting and I find myself... missing you. You are such an amazing person with a spirit that refuses to be defeated! Congratulations on sticking with your program, remaining positive, and losing so much weight thus far. You are such an inspiration to me, I hope to follow in your footsteps by losing 40lbs in 40 weeks. Starting NOW. So many of us KNOW what we must do to eat healthier, be more active, and therefore make ourselves happier - it becomes tricky when we have to follow through with the plans. I admire your follow-through. I am going to continue to use your blog as inspiration to myself, and I hope that I can lend you any support I can in return. Come visit me in Seattle and we can work out together in my apartment building's cute little (usually empty) gym, and you can meet my adorable little puppy who attacks my legs as I do aerobics. :) Love you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete