Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love is more than a word.

Warning: extreme cheeziness ahead.

Love is action. It might be the same action over and over and over again. It might be new actions that help us grow, or familiar actions that comfort us. Love is a dynamic activity that we take part in, not just words to say, but words and feelings to live by.

I am learning to love myself. I am working, every damn day, to believe in myself. And it takes more than just words. The words help, of course, but actions speak louder than words(blogs the list maker, goal pyramider, writing major). Say you will run three times this week, and then RUN THREE TIMES THIS WEEK.

I'm trying to regroup my weight loss plan. I'm reading articles, outlining workouts, writing down goals. But none of this planning will mean anything if I don't go through with it. I need to actively dynamically care and love myself. I have to do. Run. Eat. Cook. Pilate-tate?


These thoughts came to me on a run I did earlier this evening. I wasn't excited to run, work had been rough, it was hot, I felt fat and tired, and there was an opportunity to go see a movie in an air-conditioned theater. It was a rough choice. And tonight, I chose action. I chose to love myself. And it feels good.

Last thought: Sometimes my runs are prayers. Sometimes I am running for more emotional than physical reasons. I can find a mantra, a hope, a goal to meditate on while I pant and sweat. I can only hope the universe is paying attention:)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you had the willpower to put running first and skip the movie! Good work!

    Something that might keep you motivated and be interesting for your readers would be creating a 'Goals' page on your blog where you can set dates and cross of your goals. Sorta like what I have on mine I guess.

    Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete