Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, May 3, 2010

Topsy Turvy

So life has been a bit busy on my end. I got a promotion at one job (yay!), have started trying to date, and been helping plan a wedding:) All good stuff, but it's keeping me busier than I truly want to be. Right now I am maintaining at about 185lbs. Not ideal.

My eating is pretty awful most of the time because I am too tired to prepare and make the effort. I have been biking to work more, which is good because it means I do actually exercise almost every day. It's funny though, my mid-section is still flabby-ish, but my thighs are rock solid:)

What I am excited for is this: I am going on vacation. FINALLY! I had a 3 day weekend in January, but other than that I have not had more than 2 days in a row off since August. There are many reasons for that(I needed the work, I wanted to save money for moving out of my parents' house, I was new, wanted to make a good impression) but lately I am realizing I need at least one day off a week for sanity.

My promotion guarantees me more hours at a higher wage, so I am hoping to phase out my other job, or at least cut hours back to 8 a week. I need time to exercise every day. I am happier if I am active. Which is why I plan to be active on my vacation!!

I'm on my way to DC for my sister's graduation, and I am pumped. Even the thought of riding a plane has me excited. I see travel as an excellent time to reflect and read and take stock. These are things I need to do with my life right now. How can I be physically and mentally happy? How do I balance? How can I live on less? How come chocolate is so freaking good? You know, questions like that:)

1 comment:

  1. Jess! I have been so MIA on here!! Hope your good and your getting those vital Q's all sorted out. Chocolate? Who knows why it's so good... have a great vacay!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete