So I weighed in at 184lbs last Wednesday. This is a 1/2 lb loss from my previous weigh-in, but I don't think it's a good loss. With my huge exercise break, I lost a lot of muscle, which weighs more than fat. So while I have lost a 1/2 lb, I am flabbier than I was 2 weeks ago. So yay, but time to move on. I do not mind a pound gain in the next week, as long as I am back to resistance training.
makes a difference. I REALLYREALLYREALLY need to stick to this. I did a lot of drinking and eating in the past few days, and I have journaled most nights, but not all. It seriously takes less than 5 minutes, and makes such a difference.
Seeing my food intake on paper helps me understand what I have done (for good and for evil:). If I had a camera, and could do a photo food journal for a while, I'm pretty sure my eating would change starting yesterday. Sometimes I don't even look at the food/portion I am consuming. That's not just unhealthy, it's unenjoyable. AND I LOVE FOOD. So enjoying it is essential.
I had none. And I am slowly gaining it back. I've been stressing out about some other areas of my life recently, and my health is suffering because of it. I actually didn't realize how much I have on my plate until right now. Work, family, friends, love life, money. These things enhance my life, and bring stress to it. I think to begin getting a handle on my life again, I need to take some time to journal and reflect. Life is always in transition, and this is just a series of waves that will rock my boat for a while. I will not be capsized.
- Food journal every night. Really, not that difficult.
- Emotion/event journal every night below food list. Nothing huge, just a recap of the day and a chance to write out a few bullet points on my mind. I think this will help me regain my focus.
- Figure out a plan for food. I haven't been doing great shopping recently. I run out of food faster than I see coming, and then I end up grabbing things to eat...which doesn't always end well. I have a good handle on breakfast, so I think the next step is lunch. It's time to figure out what I can make easily, that is healthy, and that will truly fuel me for work. What do you do for healthy lunches?
- I am thinking of running a 10k or a half marathon this summer. BAM! That's right, I wrote half marathon. Betcha didn't see that coming! I haven't decided which one yet, but either one will push me. The only reason I am even considering a half is because I would be fine with walking 1-2 miles of it. If I did the 10k this summer, I would want to run the whole thing. I am holding off on deciding which one I will do for a at least 2 weeks, so I can see where I am physically.
- I'm going to put a goal out there. Here it is. I would like to weigh 175 by June 1st. That's 9lbs in about 8 weeks. I think I need to do a jump start again, focus on resistance, running, and proper fueling of the body. Also, I miss feeling like a sexy beast:)
So that's that. I am trying and trying and trying again. Thanks for the support along the way, and happy Monday to you all!