Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, September 14, 2009

Biggest Weight-loss Challenge

Howdy folks. It's the fourth week of my "eat less, exercise more" life-plan, and I have some exciting news. I weighed in yesterday, like every Sunday, and was aiming for a weight of 233.3...but instead I saw this on the scale:

230.5

Woah! I did not see that coming. I think mixing up my exercise styles (treadmill, StairMaster, Latin Rhythms, and hiking) and focusing on healthy food and portions made that magic happen.

It really helps to be thinking pound by pound. Instead of freaking out because, "omigod, I need to lose 90 lbs and all my time is just wasted til I get to that perfect weight and then everything will be perfect and I can live my life!", I just take it a pound at a time. I push myself for that one pound, for the added energy I get when I am fit.

And speaking of pushing myself, I have some exiting news. My dad and I have signed up for a 13 week program at our gym inspired by the show, "The Biggest Loser." Each week we will weigh-in with our teammates (there are about 5 teams), and then do a circuit together. I am pumped for the added encouragement, and support.

Goals for this week are: 1)use the exercise ball, 2)do 15 minutes on one machine, and then 15 more on another one, and 3)work on healthy snacks that combined complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and healthy fat. [a snack of this combination wwill keep you full and healthy til the next meal].

No comments:

Post a Comment