Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, September 28, 2009

Dancing on a Dreary Day

I was not very motivated this afternoon. Last night I ate (cue guilty look) 3 skinny cow ice cream sandwiches in one sitting. The good news is that it's the first major not-great-choice I have made in the past 6 weeks concerning food. And I know why I did it (a combination of boredom and guilt...and I was watching Lifetime movie...why do I do these things!? Gah!). But that is still 550 calories I didn't even enjoy that much.

I also worked out my lower body really well yesterday, so everything was sore today, especially after 8 hours of work...and I have planter fasciitis. This means I get some intense heel pain after sitting or sleeping. And I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. And it was overcast. Working out did not sound like fun.

But then I realized that I was just being grouchy...and defeating myself in the process. So I took my dog for a mile walk. Not bad. So I thought, why not try to find a workout on On Demand? Just to try out more of the free shows they offer?

Which is why I found myself shaking my booty and making up my own steps to a workout on the telly...did I mention how much fun it was?! I love dancing, and on a day like today, I was excited to be moving...so yay!

I think the wisdom of today is to start. Put on your shoes, get to the gym, find the trail, and promise yourself 5 minutes. Then realize it would be silly to only do 5...so why not 15? Heck, you say to yourself, I know I can do 30! At a higher level than usual! CHOOSE to change...

and load your ipod up with sweet body-pumping tunes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment