Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Learning to deal with the real world...

So the first week of my time-to-get-my-weight-under-control-plan flew by, and I was excited when the scale said 236...236...236!!! I knew that I hadn't eaten before the second weigh-in, and that my body was experiencing an exercise surprise, but it was still awesome to see an 8lb difference.

But this past week I faced some challenges. I got to visit with some friends that I have not seen in a long time, went on a mini-road trip, and went to a birthday party. All of these wonderful events tend to be centered around food, and it is hard to resist delicious bean dip and chips, or fatty restaurant food...(or fresh baked snicker doodle cookies!)

With all of these gatherings, I also had a hard time fitting in time to work out. So I was scared today as I stepped on the scale...

only to find my weight at 234.5!

I am so proud of myself. I controlled myself a lot better than I have previously, and I much prefer having lost a pound and a half, to having a full piece of Costco chocolate cake (I did have a half piece, it was delicious, festive, and I hadn't indulged like that since beginning my road to health).

It's nice to know that I don't have to avoid social settings or going out to dinner with people for fear of slipping into old habits. Because while I want to lose the weight, I want to KEEP my friends!

1 comment:

  1. If you're Loser Girl does that make me The Snickerdoodler?!?! A villian from the Loser Girl world...curse my skills in the snicker doodle arts!!!

    ReplyDelete